Thank you to supporters
of our 2021 Mountain Farm Community Grocery campaigns!
The following donors are making Mountain Farm Community Grocery a reality.
Thanks so much to them for their support.
We will be honoring all donors (unless otherwise noted by the donor) with recognition on a plaque.
*Ellen and Steve Darden, $200
*Crystal Cook Marshall and Edward Marshall--volunteers for EDGE/SEEDH, pilot of mountain farming of goats through SEEDH, and inaugural donors--$500.
*Jason Tartt-- countless hours of labor for building prep and training farmers.
*Amelia Bandy-- countless hours of administrative oversight for the grant reporting and building prep
*Jana Perry, $100
*Atlas Charles, $200
*Melody Morrell, $100
*In Memoriam of Kate Bradley, $500
*Kristina, $5 and Meredith, $15
*Anne and Louis Burke, $300
*SEEDH Cooperative, $4000--thank you to Morning Chorus Farms in Rural Retreat, VA for their ongoing support of SEEDH, making this donation possible.
*Erin Mccullough, $100
*Barbara Allen, $50
*Syihan Muhammad, $50
*Hunter Seech, $50
*Ali Rai, $20
*Elizabeth Herrick, $100
*Hannah King, $20
*Breanna Lesor, $75
*Morgan King, $10
*Madison Riffe, $20
*Alex Martin, $150
*Megan Randby, $20
*Taylor Fama, $35
*Amanda Plumley, $25
*Barkley Castro, $30
*Kirsten Hylton, $10
*Ashley Woods, $25
*Kelen Conley, $10
*Ric McDowell, $300
*Nishanthi Perera, $100
*Kristina Bradley, $20
*Rebecca Adkins Fletcher, $50
*Sarah Miller, $40
A whole slew of donors via Venmo and PayPal-- more on them soon!
All these amazing donors at the Mountain Farm Community Grocery GoFundMe: gf.me/u/zm582v
Foundation and Government Funding
EDGE currently has the following project specific allocated funding:
- USDA HFFI, $184,069 to complete the Mountain Farm Community Grocery space and for launch.
- USDA NRCS, $740k+ for Demonstrate, Educate, Invigorate and Replicate Mountain Farming and Conservation in Historically Underserved Communities
- WVDHHR, $577,000 for Farmacy, training, food truck/delivery development.
- $139k USDA Rural Business Development grant for renovation and equipment at Mountain Farm Community Grocery.
- USDA REDI-- technical assistance only, working group on Mountain Farm Community Grocery for full operations plans
- National Coal Heritage Partnership Grant for the restoration of an historic mural and original wall at Mountain Farm Community Grocery
- Private donations from individuals allocated for completing the purchase of the section of the Kasdin building we do not yet own, and, for accompanying legal fees and insurances
- Coalfield Development Inc. grant specifically for paying trainees in the agripreneurship training program at EDGE. Three cohorts with Coalfield as a partner 2020 - 2023.